Monday, July 12, 2010

Maybe its time for a new approach


So I went and visited a long time friend of mine today who has been away at school for a while, I got into a conversation with her mom about places I could apply for a job and she gave me a great idea that hadn't really crossed my mind before.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started."


All this time I have been looking for a job within this area. No more than an hour's drive from where I live now but I need to look for a job within an hour's drive from where I want to live. My friend's mom gave me the suggestion of just applying anywhere and commuting to that job for 1 year and during that year look for other jobs closer to home. Well, what she actually suggested was that I move out of state/area for a year and just apply for ANYTHING. I mean I have a boyfriend and we are loyal to each other and love each other very much. We'd definitely miss each other but it would only be for a year.
When I saw my fortune I thought to myself, "I have all these dreams and expectations from my life, how will I ever achieve them?" So if I'm so desperate for a job I just need to take anything. I mean I have a few under the table opportunities coming up that I can get experience from and use my clients as references.
I mean, everyone starts somewhere right? I just need to get my foot in that door. Especially since there's no way my boyfriend and I will be able to afford a house or a wedding anytime soon.

Keep me motivated Fortune Cookie...

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. I did the same thing. I went to Manhattan from Canada for one year to work. I was dating my hubby at the time, and he was going to basic training at the time. He did his thing career wise and I did mine. When the year was done we met back up got engaged, and then married! Its not just a time to start your career but to truly discover yourself as an adult away from the comforts of home!

    ReplyDelete