Thursday, July 8, 2010

So make a chicken omlette?

Ever heard the phrase, "Never count your chickens before they've hatched."?

"It is better to have a hen tomorrow than an egg today."

I'm assuming that this means it is better to wait for the egg to become a hen so that you can have eggs everyday instead of eating the only hatching egg you have. A similar analogy would be to save up a large amount of money that collects alot of interest and spend the interest. Or in a more down to earth analogy might be to plant a vegetable garden and eat from it instead of eating the seeds.

That last example is what I intend to do. I've always wanted a vegetable garden and some fruit trees. I'd like a fig tree, a peach tree, pumpkins, squashes, carrots, potatoes, lettuce maybe, and also an herb garden. I'm one of those save the planet kind of girls.

Hen tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment