Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another Day, Another Destiny

So all hyped up and just got back from the club. I couldn't wait until morning so here goes fortune cookie number 6!!!

"You should be able to make money and hold onto it."


This one is ironic since I am actually able to apply for jobs now that I have my license and my boyfriend and I have been talking about saving up everything we have so that we can start looking at a place to live together.
Only thing is, is that I have a really have a hard time saving because stuff comes up. Ya know? It cost me close to $400 dollars for a bunch of expenses for school and my Nursing test. Kind of ridiculous right?
So thank you fortune cookie for giving me the task of resisting the urge to shop at Bloomingdale's (yeah right!!) on Sunday. I was going to go shopping though. Perhaps I should opt for Ross instead?

There could also be a figurative meaning that was lost in translation too. It could have meant to say: " You should be able to acquire wealth and hold onto it." This might apply to my relationship with my very loving, compassionate, patient boyfriend. We've been having one of those moments again and I need to stop and remind myself what a priceless jewel his is and not to squander, abuse and waste him. No ladies, I am NOT breaking up with him...ever. (That means you L.J.)
The same could also apply to my family. We haven't been getting along very well as of late and its pushing my younger sister and I away from our parents. Its really hard to deal with but I need to be thankful that I have a family. I have one acquaintance that had to watch her parents go through a divorce at age 3 and at age 4 her father died. At age 16 she was kicked out of her home by her mom and lived on the streets. She made her way by herself and with the help of many friends but its sad when she doesn't have blood related family (except an aunt and cousin) to celebrate holidays with. Thankfully she is a successful college grad now. Good for you, T. O.!!

Oh great wise fortune cookie what should I do with my family issues? Until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment