Monday, June 28, 2010

Well its about time!!!

I was just anxious and excited about my daily fortune cookie I had to crack it open exactly at midnight. And the excitement was well deserved.

"Your life will be happy and peaceful."

Now this is what I like to hear from a fortune cookie. After a few unsavory events of the day, I am reassured by this. I have always dreamed of a life where I can wake up with a few wispy rays of sunshine peeking through the curtains in the morning. I want to wake up next to my boyfriend's sleeping smile, I want to open up the window and say "Good Morning, World." I want to savor the glistening dew that kisses the dill and basil sprouting in my herb garden. I want to open up double rice paper doors and salute the sun on a bamboo floor. Simple pleasures.
I want to whisper to myself, "I love you."

In nursing school I decided that I wanted to include complimentary therapies into my practice. Meditation, Yoga, Journaling, Prayer. I also realized my calling towards hospice. I want people to have the least painful (mentally as well as physically) death as possible. I want to help people connect to their inner selves and be able to have their pain alleviated. I want my patients to know that their lives were happy and peaceful. Wouldn't you want the same thing?

Good Morning Fortune Cookie. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. So I found you through a fellow blogger and just read all of your posts to date. First, CONGRATS on passing your NCLEX!! Second, I think your blog and the entire premise is brilliant! You have such a sunny outlook that it's impossible not to smile as I read along :) I look forward to reading your future fortunes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I can make you smile. Brightens my day. :)

    ReplyDelete